Peaceful And Rural
Overlooking the village green, and next to the magnificent early 16th century Church of St. John the Evangelist, famous for its rare terracotta sacred screens within. National Trust’s 15th century moated manner house, Oxburgh Hall lies opposite with its formal gardens and where many seasonal events are organised literally a stone’s throw from our spacious and open garden.
The tranquil village of Oxborough lies half way between Stoke Ferry and Swaffham, and central to many market towns and cities of Norfolk and Suffolk.
The Bedingfeld Arms was built in 1783 as the coaching inn for the Bedingfeld family, still living at Oxburgh Hall. The Inn was taken over by Stephen and Catkin Parker in Early 2012 who took great pleasure in energetically refurbishing and transforming the building whilst maintaining respect for its history and natural charm.